FOLLOWING IS THE NOTIFICATION FORWARDED BY MAHARASHTRA MEDICAL COUNCIL FOR THE RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION WHO HAS REGISTERED IN THE YEAR OF 2006
MOSTLY FOR 2000 BATCH MEDICOS
MAHARASHTRA MEDICAL COUNCIL,MUMBAI
189-A, Anand Complex 2nd Floor, Sane Guruji Marg,
Arthur Road Naka, Chinchpokali (w), Mumbai-400011.
Website : www.mmcmumbai.com. Tel No. 23072464.
No.MMC/Ren/2010/25195 Date : 31/12/2010
( Under Section 23 (a) )
Notice is hereby given to all Registered Medical Practitioners, whose names are enrolled in the Medical Register from 1.1.2006 to 31.12.2006, maintained under the Maharashtra Medical Council Act, 1965 (other than those, who are registered provisionally) that they have to submit an application in the prescribed form to the undersigned, for the continuation of their names on the register (i.e. renewal of registration) as provided under Section 23(a) of the Maharashtra Medical Council Act, 1965 and Amendment Act, 2003 . The application form should be accompanied with attested xerox copy of the Registration Certificate and a Renewal fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) by Demand Draft/Pay Order in the name of "Registrar, Maharashtra Medical Council" payable at Mumbai, preferably drawn on the State Bank of India, Jacob Circle Branch (Code No.1835) or any Nationalised / Scheduled Bank. Separate individual notice will not be sent to the Medical Practitioners for Renewal of Registration. Application Form, duly filled in, should reach the undersigned within a period of four months from the date of expiry of Five years. Application Form is available on Maharashtra Medical Council's website www.mmcmumbai.com.
The Registered Medical Practitioners, who will fail to apply for renewal within a specific period of four months, may face the legal consequences thereof. The names of such Medical Practitioners can be renewed in the Register on an application in the prescribed form, together with late fee of Rs. One hundred per month delay, in addition to the Renewal Fees of Rupees Five hundred as per Maharashtra Medical Council Act, 1965 and Amendment Act, 2003, thereof.
Incidentally, it is mentioned that as per Government of India's New Medical Ethics, this office has published a Notice in varies New Papers dated 25/03/2010 and published in Government Gazette of April 2010 and also published on website of this office that, Registered Medical Practitioners in the state of Maharashtra have to earn credit hours by way of attending CME / Workshop / Conference / International Conference/ Publication of book / Publication of research Papers. Accordingly Registered Medical Practitioners have to produce attested zerox copies of certificates showing credit hours at the time of renewal of registration as made compulsory with effect from 04/04/2010. As mentioned above it is compulsory to produce certificate of appropriate credit hours for renewal.
( S. S. Galinde )
( Note : This Notice is applicable only for the Registered Medical Practitioners who
have been registered themselves during the period 1.1.2006 to 31.12.2006 )
I have found this notification on MMC website but failed to clear the following facts in any other document available online on the official website:
1) Which conferences are allowed to be attended and registered under MMC/MCI for the same?
2) What is the exact procedure of getting the credit points from the issuing conference or workshop centre?
3) How many points are given to conferences and in what manner?
4) How to obtain the points from the conferences attended previously?
5) How many points are given to publications according to the type of article, journal whether national or international, indexed and non-indexed?
6) This notification issued on 31/12/2010…what about those who haven’t got the appropriate points till his renewal date….Appropriate points means how many..that too is not explained by MMC.
7) Is it different for teaching and non-teaching faculties?
8) Is it same for practising and non-practising medicos?
9) Has MCI endorsed this to all the state medical councils and they all are implementing the rule at the same time?
10) And all those queries you may have after reading the notice?
FRIENDS..!!! PLEASE COMMENTS on this particular issue or mail me on email@example.com and let me and all of us know the procedure if any of the readers know anything about this at the earliest….…